What is the AFM/CFM?
The AFM (American Federation of Musicians of US and Canada) is the parent organization of its Canadian arm, the Canadian Federation of Musicians (CFM) which advocate for and represent the best interests of its union members.
What are the benefits of joining the AFM/CFM?
There are many benefits to joining the AFM/CFM, some of which include:
- Comprehensive instrument insurance;
- Health and liability insurance;
- World-class pension plan;
- Contract protection with emergency travel assistance;
- Free internet referral postings;
- Access to AFM/CFM-licensed booking agents.
What other matters can the AFM/CFM assist with?
- Media recordings;
- Symphonic and theatrical matters;
- Freelance musicians and membership services;
- Contract negotiations and administration;
- AFM and CFM offers web referrals, along with three additional sites that provide members with a domain and hosting service, a musical instrument/gear auction site, and a forum for sourcing music lessons;
- AFM/CFM acts as the voice of its members in the US and Canadian legislative process.
Interested in learning more about the CFM/AFM? Check out this helpful guide: http://www.cfmusicians.org/why-join